Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cosmetics Review: ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss

The Product: ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss

The Review: I got this lipgloss in my November Birchbox, and I have to say that this is the reason why I keep getting Birchboxes- once in a while, you get a full size product that kicks ass, like this lovely lipgloss from ModelCo. Oh, how I love this gloss. I got it in "Showgirl Red," which is kind of misleading because it's not red. It's more like a sheer reddish watermelonish pink that tints your lips the my idea of the perfect amount - you can tell that you're wearing it, but it doesn't broadcast itself. Think of it more like highlighting your lips rather than shining a giant spotlight on them.  It is SUCH a gorgeous color and I can see it looking good on pretty much every skintone. It's the type of color that not only can you wear it by itself every day, but it looks AWESOME over every lipstick shade I've tried with it- reds, peaches, plums, a random brownish shade, peachy gold, you get the gist.

As for the gloss formulation itself, it's not got any nasty flavor (or really any flavor) and it smells like those strawberry candies you get at Christmas. YUM. It doesn't seem to dry out my lips at all, and it's quite long lasting for a gloss. If I don't drink too much coffee at work, I can go at least 3 hours before I feel the urge to re-apply. This is impressive, because I am a chronic re-applier of the lip products. Lip balm? Like every hour. "Long lasting" lip gloss? Same thing. I think part of it is the texture. It's a little thicker and has a very emollient feel to it with a teensy bit of stickiness. It's like a waaaay improved version of Lancome's Juicy Tubes, which are super thick and very sticky.

Another thing I love? The packaging! I never get all that excited about packaging, but this gloss has a built-in mirror on the side of the tube, which is clear and quite classy-looking, in my opinion. So cute.

All in all, this is a great gloss and I've been wearing it every day for the last 2 weeks. I think it's definitely worth the money and plan on buying it again once I run out.  However, if you're the type of person who absolutely can't stand any hint of stickiness, I would suggest avoiding this one.

Rated Beauty Grade: A-

Price: $16

Where to Buy: Birchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment