Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Review: theBalm® cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer



The ProducttheBalm® cosmetics' Mary-Lou Manizer

The Review:  This is another Birchbox find. Yaaaay, sample boxes! Every time I start thinking they're getting disappointing, I wind up getting something really great that keeps me shilling out my $10 every month. This is one of those products.

Basically, this is one of those all-in-one products; it can be used as an all-over luminizing powder, a highlighter, or an eyeshadow. I've tried using it as all three and have liked it every which way. I prefer a more matte finish as opposed to a "luminized" one on my face (don't want to be no sparkle bomb), but as a face powder, it's surprisingly subtle. Still, I usually use it as an eyeshadow or a highlighter. Loooove it as an eyeshadow, because it's such a pretty color and blends well with all my other shadows. Thus far, I have noticed no creasing! As a highlighter, it's great because it's pretty buildable. Subtle highlight or more pronounced, your pick!

On the more technical side, it's a very finely-milled powder with a lot of pigment, which is why it's so versatile. No scent. Plus, the packaging is super cute. Love, love, love. This is another product where it lives up to its claims and doesn't piss me off. The only thing I can really think of to gripe about is that it's $24, and I am a broke-ass biatch these days. Damn you, economy and damn you, job, with your crappy peon's salary. But honestly, I don't mind spending the money on something like this because it's high-quality and very versatile.

The Grade: A

Price: $24

Where to buy: Birchbox


No comments:

Post a Comment