Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Review: Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash


ReviewOrigins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash

I just realized that although I am crazy for this face wash, I've never actually reviewed it. Whaaat? Yep. I fail. This stuff is amazing and I can't say enough good things about it, because it's a product that actually delivers. When it says it's frothy, it is not lying. It's like a bubblebath for your face! So much delightful foam that smells of delicious minty things! It really does deep-clean and balance out your skin without drying it out. Oh, and it doesn't have sodium laureth sulfate, so those that are SLS-sensitive can go nuts with it.

I think this stuff is fairly flexible when it comes to being effective on different skin types. I have very dry skin with an oily nose, and I adore it. So far, I've seen other adoring reviews from ladies with oily skin, acne issues, and sensitive skin, so it seems to be one of those magical broad-spectrum products that almost anyone can use with great results. Well, unless you're a person who hates the smell of mint, in which case... yeah, this might not be for you.

Another plus is that while this is definitely more expensive than your average drugstore product, you can make it last forever. You only need a tiny, tiny amount to get the foaming action, so you can easily make it last 6 months or more, depending on your face-washing schedule.

The only problems I can really foresee people having are a)sensitivities to some essential oils or maybe another ingredients, b) a hatred of all things peppermint and c)some skin dryness due to lack of moisturizing afterwards. Apparently there are people who get all mad that their skin feels dry after washing their faces because they don't moisturize after. What? Who does that? That is just crazy to me, but then again, if I don't moisturize on the regular, my skin gets tight, starts itching, and I want to claw my face off.

Grade: A+
Price: $20
Where to buy: Sephora

If you liked this post, feel free to like me on Facebook or follow the "real me" on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I got a huge free sample of this from sephora a loooong time ago...like 1 year ago? I thought it smelled too much like toothpaste (I swear I can smell fluoride in it!) so I have been using it as a shaving cream for my legs, haha. Because of it's frothy nature, it works really well! I still have about 1/2 the bottle left and I use it pretty regularly.

    ReplyDelete